Archive for March, 2009
OurDelta build for MySQL 5.0.77 with patchset d8 is now available, in source and packaged binaries for RHEL/CentOS 4 and 5, Debian 4.0 (Etch) and 5.0 (Lenny), Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (Hardy) and 8.10 (Intrepid).
If you already installed the OurDelta repository information, yum update or apt-get upgrade will install the updated packages for you. Please do review the notes below.
Fixes, Changes & Additions:
- With Percona moving the patches it maintains to using bzr/Launchpad, we now simply pull those in as a subdirectory percona_maintained. The old separate patch dirs are still present in the tree, we’ll remove those while making sure we’re not losing anything along the way. And as you know we do have more patches than just those that are maintained by Percona, also.
- The InnoDB Freeze patch was not included in this build. The Percona XtraDB backup tool is an excellent development. There might still be a use for the freeze trick for other purposes, but we’ll review that.\
- We still need to update the list of patches on the site for this release, and the accompanying docs pages.
- Peter has been working on binary tarballs, as there have been many requests for this. So this is generic Linux binaries, statically linked, which should work on most Linuxes. With the /usr/local/mysql layout. They’re nearly ready, so expect to see them within this week.
- There are no 32-bit builds for Debian 5.0 Lenny yet, the build VM actually the build crash with an internal compiler error, quite interesting. Rebuilding the entire VM doesn’t make a difference, but the same platform outside the VM works fine. We’ll work it out…